Jan and Bruce
* Size--The total floor area is about 900 sq. ft. with two bedrooms,
one bath, living/dining area and kitchen. There is a large covered porch
and a small pool deck with splash pool on the north side of the building.
There are tile floors throughout. The walls have cypress wainscoating and
cypress ceiling boards. Click here for a floor plan.
* Bedroom 1--The larger, 14 ft. x 14 ft. bedroom, has a king size
bed, armoire and a tall table. The window faces to windward and has
great breezes with a valley view. There is a ceiling fan, and wall
air conditioner unit which rarely needs to be used.
* Bedroom 2-- The second bedroom is 8 ft. x 14 ft., has two
twin beds which can be configured as a king upon request. There is
a dresser, ceiling fan , wall air conditioner and adjacent walk in
closet. The window looks out to a stone wall in the back of the
* Bathroom--The bathroom is 5 ft. x 9 ft. with a
walk in glass block shower, toilet and single sink with
* Living/Dining-- This common area is 14 ft. x 22 ft. It is
furnished with a couch, love seat, dining table with chairs for four
and small end tables. There is an entertainment center, 42" plasma
TV with DVD player and over 600 movies to view upon request. The
two ceiling fans keep this area comfortable. The two six foot sliding
doors open out onto the porch and the 'down island' views.
* Kitchen--The kitchen has granite countertops and is equipped with
a full size refrigerator/freezer, dishwasher, stainless steel gas
cooktop, microwave/convection oven and stainless steel sink. Numerous
small appliances such as toaster, blender and coffeemaker are
included to make preparing any meal easy.
* Porch--The 350 sq. ft. covered porch has a 48,000 BTU 4 burner
stainless steel barbeque for your grilling pleasure. Two wicker chairs
for lounging, and an outdoor table with seating for four makes eating out
in the cool breezes a must.
* Pool--The Splash Pool is 7 x 14 ft. There is a hot outdoor
shower to rinse pool water off after dipping, or sand off feet
after a day at the beach. The pool deck area has lounge chairs
and is great for some quiet time.
* Misc.--The water is charcoal filtered and UV treated, but we still
recommend using bottled water for drinking and ice making, etc.
Free WiFi is available through a Broadband Microwave Link. There is
some road noise mostly during early and late daylight hours. There is
a bus stop adjacent to the house with a route running from one end of
the island to the other on an hourly ('island time') schedule.
* Owners, Bruce and Jan moved to St. John fourteen years ago with a
dream to build, retire and run a villa. They have been building mostly
by themselves for four years, and now the first floor is ready to welcome
its first guests. Luna Vista is located mid point on the main road (Highway
10) that runs the length of the island.The Northshore Road which has some
of the most beautiful beaches in the world is only a five minute drive away.